New poll presented today (19 March 2015) on Greek TV channel “Alpha” shows that 32.5% of the Greeks have would prefer Drachma instead of Euro in case of a Referandum.
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Saturday, February 21, 2015
1. Several dozens of glorious general strikes and constant struggles of the masses in Greece against the austerity policies of ND and PASOK that plunged Greece into poverty and unemployment expressed the anger of the people and demanded a change in Greek society. How do you see and interpret the victory of SYRIZA in the elections?
By voting for SYRIZA, the majority of the Greek people rejected and condemned the cruel economic measures that were imposed, the neoliberal economic policy, in general, and the great-bourgeois parties of ND and PASOK that implemented these measures with the outmost servility. The victory of SYRIZA is also explained by the people’s resentment towards the fascist re-modeling of social life promoted by the government of the fascist scoundrel Samaras.
2. Tsipras and some political forces characterize SYRIZA as “radical left” that is going to somehow liberate the people of Greece from the economic misery. What is the class nature of SYRIZA and what program has the government of Tsipras promised the people to implement?
The revolutionary KKE, which never adopted the Krushchevian revisionism, was eliminated by the brutal intervention of the soviet Krushchevian revisionists in 1955-1956 and replaced by the Greek Krushchevian revisionist party (“K”KE), a bourgeois, party of social-democratic type.
In 1968, “K”KE was split into two parties: the euro-communist part known as “K”KE (interior) and the Krushchevian-Brezhnevite part known as “K”KE. SYRIZA originates from the first part and, consequently, is a social-democratic and reformist party guided by a right opportunist general line and characterized by petty bourgeois class features.
In the sphere of social questions, SYRIZA is an anti-fascist party suffering from inconsistencies and contradictions as it is evident from the fact that it formed an alliance with the great-bourgeois nationalist party of ANEL.
3. Greece is a member of European Union, a member of NATO, and has implemented the neoliberal policies of the Western imperialist powers. Has Tsipras the willing and determination to eliminate political, economical, and military dependency on the Western imperialist powers and to cut the hands of EU-ECB-IMF from the lives of Greek people?
Tsipras and the leading group of SYRIZA is neither willing nor determined to eliminate Greece’s political, economical and military dependence on imperialism. The only thing that he seems determined to do is to reduce the pressure coming from European Union and the European Central Bank regarding the implantation of extreme austerity programs. SYRIZA has made the strategic choice to support Greece’s membership in the European Union and the Eurozone.
4. Certainly, the victory of the people of Greece against the austerity measures of ND-PASOK governments is good news. How is the dialectical development of the situation after the elections? Will the conditions created by the Tsipras’ victory strengthen the class struggles of the Greek working masses?
During the first three weeks following the elections, the SYRIZA government has taken a series of actions in order to implement its program that has won the support of wide popular strata, an attitude that is unfortunately accompanied by certain illusions. We think that, up to a certain extent, SYRIZA’s victory creates favorable conditions for the strengthening of class struggles. Whether this possibility becomes a reality depends, of course on many factors the most important of which is the organization of the majority of the working masses in independent and united trade unions and the influence exerted on these and, the society in general, by the consistent left-wing, anti-imperialist and revolutionary communists.
5. The so-called the Communist Party of Greece (KKE) participated in the European elections. Despite all its phrase-mongering demand about Greece leaving the Eurozone, how different are the politics of this reformist party from those of SYRIZA?
It is important to clarify that, despite its verbal attacks against EU and the Eurozone, “K”KE does not put forward (not even for the sake of demagogy) the question of Greece’s exit neither from the EU nor the Eurozone. This is also evident in the party’s program that was approved by its last congress). “K”KE considers Greece an imperialist(!) country and favors the view that “the term “national dependence” is not applicable in contemporary conditions” (1/2/2005). Furthermore, in relation to Euro, the leadership of “K”KE has stated: “A solution outside the euro and return to the drachma in the present circumstances would be catastrophic” (30/5/2011). Therefore, in essence, the policy of this reformist party is not different than that of SYRIZA.
6. The crises in Greece demand a vast mobilization of the popular sectors of the society and the development of a revolutionary alternative to capitalism. Could you tell us about the tactics adopted by KKE (1918-55) in the present situation in order to strengthen the struggles of the working class and to deepen the revolutionary demands of the protesters on the streets?
In order to contribute to the growth of the working class struggles and the rise of the revolutionary movement, the Movement for Reorganization of KKE (1918-1955) is striving, under very unfavorable conditions, to achieve the following:
A) The reorganization, re-birth of KKE (1918-1955) and the ideological-political-organizational unity of the Greek communists on basis of Marxism-Leninism-Stalinism.
B) The formation of united, massive and truly independent trade unions whose aim will be the resistance to the extreme neo-liberal policy of austerity and the further development of the workers’ and people’s struggles combined with the struggle against fascism-nazism.
C) The cooperation between the consistent left-wing, anti-imperialist and anti-fascist forces that will aim at the formation of a massive popular front that will fight against the dependence on imperialism, in general, and the exit of Greece from the EU, the Eurozone and NATO.
Sunday, February 15, 2015
Heavy-crushing defeat of monarch-fascist New Democracy
VICTORY of the anti-fascist reformist SYRIZA
NO to the laminated provocative intervention in the internal affairs of the country and the pressures of the representatives of the imperialist EUROPEAN UNION
Tuesday, February 10, 2015
Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Monday, January 26, 2015
K. Natsikas (member of the PC of Anasintaxi), S. Zachariadis, T. Mpallos, et al.
Alexis Parnis (poet and close friend of N. Zachariadis) and Tassos Mpallos
Sifis (Josef) Zachariadis under his father’s portrait
Saturday, January 24, 2015
BOYCOTT the elections–The elections do not solve the problem of imperialist DEPENDANCE (economic-political-military, NATO bases etc.), nor repel-cancel ongoing EU politics against the people
GREECE OUT OF EURO - EU RIGHT NOW
The elections do not solve the problem of imperialist DEPENDANCE (economic-political-military, NATO bases etc.), nor repel-cancel ongoing EU politics against the people
BOYCOTT THE ELECTIONS
Effective ONLY WAY: All-worker’s UNITY and intensity of the class struggle against the EU and its local chapter - Militant MASSIVE demonstrations
In the last 6 years with the open and complete collapse of the economy all known myths of "equal participation in the EU", "the country's economic development", "convergence of the economies of EU member-countries", "continuous growth of prosperity ", etc., etc. collapsed completely.
Today the status of the country, the working class and the people is very bad, worse than ever:
1. Extreme deepening of imperialist DEPENDENCE whilst stifling international financial control and strict supervision for decades by European Commission-ECB-IMF,
2. indebtedness of the country with a huge external ever-growing debt which is a loop neck of the country and younger generations,
3. deep protracted economic cyclical crisis of overproduction, dropping production, mass closure of businesses, falling exports, etc., etc.,
4. large and rapid increase of mass unemployment, the actual amount of around 2,000,000 and for young people reaches a percentage of 65-70%, with hundreds of thousands of people forced to migrate permanently creating an unprecedented haemorrhage,
5. beyond the intensive exploitation and annihilation of all the conquests of the workers, there were: a large reduction of salaries and pensions, unprecedented cuts in social spending (health, education, etc.) And huge increases in taxes and prices, etc., which led to a great sharp deterioration of the situation of the working class and the people and lasting deepening of the process of absolute misery of the proletariat,
6. restrictions on democratic freedoms, deepening fascistation and dangerous rise of fascist and Nazi-fascist forces ("Golden Dawn" -LAOS etc.).
Despite the above and although, both basic and key issues of the struggle of the working class and the country which are directly and closely tied with the EU: that of DEPENDENCE and the attacks-measures against the people, have extreme worsen: ie.
first, with the constant deepening of DEPENDANCE has major negative impacts on the country, but also the continuous provocative interference in its internal affairs on all levels, even in the current election campaign, (see statements by Juncker, Moscovici, Schaeuble, et al. )
second, with durable continuous unpopular measures, not imposed only by the local capital but also directly from the EU,
NONE of the political parties, bourgeois and reformist, is not in favor of Greece’s immediate exit of Euro-EMU-European Union
In contrary ALL the bourgeois parties are in favor of Greece’s STAY in imperialist European Union, and in EURO-EMU and propagate consciously, serve the interests of the EU imperialists with misleading MYTH-fantasies about "equal participation" (!) of the country in the "pit of lions" of the powerful European monopolies. At the same time the propagate that Greece leaving the Euro-EMU-EU will be a "major disaster" (!).
ALL the reformist social democratic parties ("K" KE-SYRIZA, etc.) and the extra-parliamentary organizations follow the same strategic choice of the EU monopolies and the local capital.
It is not only SYRIZA which supports the country STAY EURO-EMU-EU, but also the "K" KE: “A solution outside the euro and return to the drachma in the present circumstances would be catastrophic” (A. Papariga, “Rizospastis” 31/5/2011, p.6)
Moreover: the leaders of the "K" KE definitively renounced the anti-imperialist struggle for the overthrow of deppendance.
In order the working class and the workers to defend their class interests against the attacks of the local and foreign capital (EU, etc.) they have to fight against capital and local governments but also EU in conjunction with the struggle against imperialist DEPENDENCE generally, particularly that of the EU and for the here and now, EXIT of Greece from Euro-EMU-EU.
Alongside they have to fight against nationalism and fascism
The ONLY EFFECTIVE WAY is the unity of all workers and intensity of the class struggle against the EU and the local capitali with MASSIVE militant protests.