* This article translated in Greek is available on issue 243 of Anasintaxi.
The International Conference of Marxist-Leninist Parties and Organizations (ICMLPO), meeting in Brazil, at its XIIth Plenary Session, has examined the situation in the Middle East. In the first place, the participants greet the International Conference of Solidarity with the People of Lebanon and other peoples of the region, a conference which is held in Lebanon.
The ICMLPO has particularly examined the following points:
1. U.S. imperialism which, together with its English ally, has been occupying Iraq since 2003, is continuing to massacre the civilian populations, is practicing torture on a grand scale, is murdering, imprisoning, and forcing into exile the Iraqi elites, promoting communal and ethnic rivalries to divide the country, is sinking the popular masses into misery and ignorance, and is systematically looting the oil wealth of the country. Faced with this imperialist barbarism, the Iraqi people, counting on the solidarity and sympathy of the workers, peoples, revolutionaries and progressive people of the world, is waging a tenacious armed resistance that has dealt the occupiers political and military disasters, to the extent that it has been forced to speak of a "new Vietnam", while seeking a way out of the Iraqi hell.
2. The Zionist State of Israel, with the blatant support of U.S. imperialism and the European imperialists, as well as with the tacit or open collaboration of the reactionary Arab states, is continuing to massacre the Palestinian people in Gaza and in the West bank, creating a famine by blocking the arrival of international aid, is murdering, kidnapping and imprisoning its leaders, destroying their homes and infrastructure, expelling thousands of families, "Judaizing" their land and places of worship to subject this martyred people and impose on them the imperialist-Zionist plans that deny them their national rights.
In reaction to these policies of extermination, the Palestinian people are continuing their resistance and struggle to recover their land, to achieve their independence and to build a future with dignity, peace, democracy and progress. The Palestinian cause demands the ever increasing support of the peoples and the freedom-loving forces.
3. Last summer, the Zionist State, with the direct support of the Bush government and the majority of the governments of the European Union and the collaboration of the reactionary Arab states, declared a savage war against Lebanon. Entire towns were destroyed, civilian populations were massacred or forced into exile. The majority of the economic and civilian infrastructure was destroyed. In that aggression, prohibited weapons were used. The brave Lebanese people and their armed resistance, counting on the solidarity and sympathy of the peoples and the anti-imperialist forces of the world, inflicted a defeat on the Zionist army that has restored confidence to the Arab peoples of the whole region in their potential and their ability to win.
4. Since 2001, Afghanistan has been under the military occupation of the U.S. imperialists and their allies. This occupation has brought chaos, lack of security and misery to the country. The armies of occupation do not bother to conceal the massacres that they are committing in the name of the "war on terrorism". The Afghan people are continually showing their rejection of the occupation. The armed resistance is developing and intensifying from day to day to expel the occupying forces. U.S. imperialism and its allies have been threatening Iran and Syria for months, in order to subject those countries to their imperialist dictates.
The ICMLPO, in consideration of all these facts, energetically condemns the imperialist actions against the Arab peoples and the peoples of the Middle East in general.
It denounces the hypocritical nature of the pretexts invoked to justify themselves, such as the "war on terrorism" or the "proliferation of nuclear weapons and weapons of mass destruction", the "defense of democracy and human rights", etc.., and condemns the racist, hateful and ideological cover for those wars and aggressions, as if these were a "clash of civilizations" or a "war between religions".
It points out that the real objectives of U.S. imperialism and its European and Zionist allies, are nothing more than to install their total domination in this strategic area rich in petroleum. The goal of the Bush government is to create a "Great Middle East" and a "New Middle East" in order to establish domination of the region.
It reiterates its support to the peoples of the Middle East and the armed resistance which are confronting the imperialist and Zionist aggressors. The ICMLPO considers that the struggle of these peoples is an integral part of the struggle of the workers and peoples against imperialism. The result of these struggles directly concerns the peoples, because every weakening of imperialism, headed by U.S. imperialism, reinforces the struggle in ones own country and internationally. Thus, the Arab peoples and the peoples of the region in question should not mistake the nature of their struggle, which is not religious or racial, but anti-imperialist and anti-colonialist. The workers and peoples of the other countries are their allies, regardless of their religion, race or culture, even in the aggressor countries, where thousands and thousands have come out into the street to protest against the imperialist war.
The ICMLPO calls on the workers, peoples, progressives and revolutionaries of the world, to support ever more actively the struggle of the peoples of the Middle East for their national independence. The workers of the imperialist countries have the duty to fight against their governments and to demand the withdrawal of their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as to withdraw their support from the Zionist, racist and criminal State of Israel.
The ICMLPO also supports every international attempt to put an end to the impunity of the assassins of the peoples and to demand that the imperialist and Zionist leaders be judged for crimes against humanity committed in Iraq, Palestinian, Lebanon and Afghanistan.
Brazil, November of 2006
International conference of Marxist-Leninist Parties and Organizations
Revolutionary C.P. of Brazil (PCR)
C.P. of Chile Proletarian Action (PC-AP)
C.P. of Colombia (Marxist-Leninist)
C.P. of the Workers of Denmark (APK)
Communist Party of Labor of the Dominican Republic
Marxist-Leninist C.P. Ecuador
C.P. of the Workers of France (PCOF)
Communist Party of Germany (KPD)
Party of Labor of Iran – Toufan
C.P. of Mexico (Marxist-Leninist)
C.P. of Spain (Marxist-Leninist)
C.P. of the Workers of Tunisia
Revolutionary C.P. of Turkey (TDKP)
Revolutionary C.P. of Volta